Werbeanzeige

ed for a second-straight 1-over 74 which would have

in Themen von M-N-O 22.03.2018 04:18
von xsw96 | 225 Beiträge

DETROIT -- After only 86 pitches, Minnesotas Phil Hughes left the game with a shutout in progress. Afterward, he not only endorsed the move, but said he helped his manager make the decision. "Every pitcher has a certain amount of pride. In the seventh, I felt like my stuff and location were deteriorating," Hughes said. "You dont want to give the game away just because youre feeling prideful." Hughes pitched seven innings, and the Twins beat Justin Verlander for the first time in over four years, 2-1 on Friday night. Kurt Suzuki hit a two-run single off Verlander in the seventh. Hughes (4-1) allowed eight hits in his fourth consecutive win, but he was fine letting the bullpen take over for the final two innings. "The catcher and him both said, Hes losing it," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "If a pitcher feels that hes losing it off the ball and starting to misfire, then youve got to take him out of the ballgame. Him being honest there allowed us to get our bullpen up going." Casey Fien pitched the eighth, and Glen Perkins allowed a run in the ninth but held on for his ninth save in 10 chances. Verlander allowed two runs and seven hits in seven innings. He struck out five and walked two. The start of the game was delayed 27 minutes by rain, but the teams played through an emergency alarm that went off in the top of the ninth. The Tigers later said there was a mechanical fire in a janitor closet that was quickly contained and put out. "I almost took off running," Detroit outfielder Torii Hunter joked. "Im thinking biohazardous or something." Players paused briefly, then the game went on. The injury-plagued Twins snapped a three-game losing streak. Star first baseman Joe Mauer sat out a fifth straight game. Hes been dealing with back spasms. Alex Avila hit an RBI double off Perkins with one out in the ninth, but pinch-hitter J.D. Martinez popped out and Rajai Davis struck out to end it. Hughes lost 14 games last season for the New York Yankees, but the right-hander has pitched well after signing with the Twins in the off-season. He struck out Avila with men on first and third in the fourth, and got Miguel Cabrera to fly out with two on and two out in the fifth. Hughes struck out three, and he went a third straight start without a walk. He began this game with 13 straight strikes. "They werent all strikes in the zone. They were hacking," Hughes said. "When youre around the plate and pop a fastball up every now and then, theyre going to be aggressive and swinging at it. Thats kind of what I am. Sometimes it hurts me a little bit if Im around the plate too much, but when I have good stuff, its usually all right." Verlander (4-2) escaped jams in the second and third, but he couldnt retire Suzuki with the game on the line in the seventh. It was his first loss in his last 10 decisions against the Twins. The last time they beat him was April 27, 2010. "Pretty good for the first six innings, but I wasnt great in the seventh," Verlander said. "I had a couple inexcusable pitches. It wasnt that I made mistakes, but I got away from the pitches I wanted to throw." In addition to Mauer, Minnesota is also without outfielder Josh Willingham, who has a left wrist contusion, but the Twins were able to beat the Tigers without any extra-base hits. NOTES: It began to rain hard in the top of the fifth, but there were no more weather delays once the game started. ... Detroits Victor Martinez had his hitting streak snapped at 11 games. ... The Tigers transferred the injury rehab assignment of RHP Luke Putkonen (right elbow) from Class A West Michigan to Triple-A Toledo. ... Detroits Max Scherzer (4-1) faces Minnesotas Kyle Gibson (3-2) on Saturday. T.J. Jones Jersey .ca MLB Power Rankings, the third consecutive week that the As have held top spot and the third straight week that they have been one ahead of the Toronto Blue Jays. Ameer Abdullah Jersey . - Jayden Hart scored once and set up two more as the Prince Albert Raiders downed the host Red Deer Rebels 5-3 on Tuesday to clinch the final Western Hockey League playoff berth. http://www.lionsfanspro.com/Black-Ricky-...ey.html?cat=921. -- Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh says he isnt going to change what he does on the field. Haloti Ngata Jersey .Y. -- Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire will have less time to remain eligible for the Hall of Fame ballot under changes made Saturday. Theo Riddick Jersey .com) - The Atlanta Hawks have stepped up to every challenge during their 14-game winning streak and will face another daunting task Friday with Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the Oklahoma City Thunder in town.Rebecca Rowe is looking forward to facing her Richmond team-mates as Wales and England clash in the Womens Six Nations, live on Sky Sports on Saturday. Wales lock Rowe recently signed for Richmond Women, who won the Premiership earlier this year with a 28-17 victory over Saracens in the final.With three of Englands match-day 23 named for the Six Nations fixture hailing from the London club, Rowe is relishing the chance to come up against some familiar faces, and says the mental battles have already begun. Im looking forward to it, Rowe told Sky Sports. I always wear my Wales kit to training to wind the girls up! They always dig at me for being Welsh whenever they can but I always take it on the chin because I beat them, so Ive always got that in my back pocket! Its all good banter between everyone.The victory Rowe holds against her team-mates came in last years Six Nations, a 13-0 win in Swansea in what was Wales second ever win over England. Rowe started in that game, but was forced to leave proceedings early with an injury.I went off after about 20 minutes, said Rowe. I sprained my AC joint in my shoulder which was pretty devastating at the time. Ill just say that I set the tone for the rest of the game!The second rower is confident that her side can match last years feat when they take the field this weekend.Theres no reason we cant do it again. They will be tough this year, they dont like to lose - especially to Wales! The majority of the team is the same as last year with the exception of a few new caps who add to the squad. Rebecca Rowe I think there was a lot of backlash after that in the press and probably in the RFU as well so I think they will probably be going out to set the record straight.But I think we are a better team this year. The majority of the team is the same as last year with the exception of a few new caps who add to the team, and were stronger and fitter.In this years tournament Wales have had mixed results. An opening-round defeat to Ireland was put aside for a win against Scotland before a monumental defensive effort kept France at bay for a 10-8 win that keeps them in the running for the title. Sportswomen joined the England team at their training camp in Surrey Coach Rhys Edwards has rewarded those involved in the bruising win in Neath by naming an unchanged starting XV for Saturdays game, with only one change to the match-day 23 as Mel Clay replaces Jenny Hawkins on the bench.ddddddddddddEngland, on the other hand, kicked off their campaign with a 32-0 victory over Scotland, followed by a tough 33-24 win in Italy before seeing off defending champions Ireland 13-9 at Twickenham.With three wins from three, England sit on top of the standings, and will see victory over third-place Wales as the next step to the title, but it will be a tough encounter to endure. Rowe says the new caps have added to an established Welsh squad Englands last stop in this years tournament is in France, but coach Scott Bemand is not looking past Saturdays battle.We know what an important game this is, said Bernard. Wales will come with confidence after their recent win where their defence was impressive to hold off the French.The starting XV hold a total of 568 caps between them - that is a significant amount of international experience.Englands starting side sees second row Tamara Taylor earn her 89th cap as she lines up opposite Rowe, while Abbie Scott moves to blindside flanker and Harriet Millar-Mills shifts to the bench.England women: 15 Katie Mason, 14 Lydia Thompson, 13 Lauren Cattell, 12 Ceri Large, 11 Lotte Clapp, 10 Amber Reed, 9 La Toya Mason, 1 Rochelle Clark, 2 Emma Croker, 3 Vickii Cornborough, 4 Emily Braund, 5 Tamara Taylor, 6 Abbie Scott, 7 Izzy Noel-Smith, 8 Sarah Hunter.Replacements: 16 Amy Cokayne, 17 Heather Kerr, 18 Bee Dawson, 19 Harriet Millar-Mills, 20 Poppy Leitch, 21 Bianca Blackburn, 22 Poppy Cleall 23 Leanne Riley.Wales women: 15 Dyddgu Hywel, 14 Bethan Dainton, 13 Hannah Jones, 12 Robyn Wilkins, 11 Elen Evans, 10 Elinor Snowsill, 9 Keira Bevan, 1 Catrin Edwards, 2 Carys Phillips, 3 Megan York, 4 Rebecca Rowe, 5 Shona Powell-Hughes, 6 Rachel Taylor (c), 7 Sian Williams, 8 Sioned Harries.Replacements: 16 Amy Price, 17 Cerys Hale, 18 Amy Evans, 19 Siwan Lillicrap, 20 Alisha Butchers, 21 Mel Clay, 22 Kerin Lake, 23 Adi Taviner.Watch England Women take on Wales Women on Sky Sports 5 from 5.55pm on Saturday Also See: Fixtures and results Six Nations table Pundits Rugby union video China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Store Jerseys NFL China Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Discount NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen