Werbeanzeige

A mediocre start won't force the Philadelphia Eagles to make personnel changes.

in Themen von A-B-C 14.12.2018 08:29
von huangjian123 | 112 Beiträge

Coach Doug Pederson reiterated his confidence in his staff and players as the defending Super Bowl champions get ready for an NFC championship game rematch against the Vikings."The sky is not falling. The sun came up today. We're 2-2 http://www.vikingscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-eric-kendricks-jersey ," Pederson said Wednesday. "We're still in good position, control our own destiny. A lot of football ahead of us and there is no panic."As coaches we prepare our players and we prepare them extremely well. We have confidence in all our guys moving forward, and so with that, we just continue to coach and get our guys ready for Sunday."The secondary has struggled in a pair of road losses, including a 26-23 defeat at Tennessee in overtime. The Eagles blew a 17-3 lead midway through the third quarter, allowing Marcus Mariota to rally the Titans.Cornerback Jalen Mills had a tough time and fellow starter Ronald Darby also has had lapses. But defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz is sticking with Mills, a third-year pro who started 18 games last season, as an outside cornerback, and leaving second-year pro Sidney Jones in the slot."One of the reasons we had a big parade on Broad Street was Jalen Mills," Schwartz said Tuesday. "There have been inconsistencies all around, but it's our job to help him through that. It's his job to get out of that, and I'm firmly behind Jalen Mills. That guy's played a lot of good football for us, and he epitomizes a lot of things we're about defensively: toughness, competitiveness and ability to bounce back. And I'm confident he will."Veteran safety Corey Graham made an egregious mistake on fourth-and-15 on the final drive against Tennessee, looking away and allowing a receiver to get behind him for a catch to extend the drive. Graham played every snap in his first start filling in for Rodney McLeod, who had knee surgery. Rookie cornerback Avonte Maddox worked in at safety and Schwartz indicated he could see more time."Avonte gives us great range, he's quick, he's a smart player," Schwartz said. "He's just a little bit inexperienced and each rep he gets he will get better for us."Pederson defers defensive decisions to Schwartz."He's the expert on the defensive side," Pederson said. "He and I have conversations throughout the week. We talk about scheme. We'll talk about personnel, how we're using different defensive packages, how we attack a particular offense. We're constantly talking about things like that even during the game. I listen, and quite frankly, I don't say a whole lot unless I have to. He's in charge there and he's done a great job. His scheme is sound and we just continue to coach our players and get them prepared."Notes: DE Derek Barnett (shoulder), RB Corey Clement (quadricep), DT Fletcher Cox (ankle), WR Alshon Jeffery (chest) and RB Darren Sproles (hamstring) missed practice. LT Jason Peters (quadricep) was limited. ... Sproles has missed three straight games and Clement sat out one.Tuesday Open Thread: October 2, 2018 Happy Tuesday Cheap Ben Gedeon Jersey , everyone!Well, it’s another fine fall day here in the upper Midwest. The temps are falling along with the leaves from the trees, I feel an early winter descending upon us. I hope so, it looks like the fall walleye rush won’t be as intense (and fun) on the river this year, mainly due to the high water levels we’ve had all summer, and that’s the only non-football related event that makes summer’s exit tolerable for me, so as far as I’m concerned, let’s just head straight into winter so we can start ice fishing. Also, it really doesn’t get any better than tailgating in sub-zero temps. Speaking of tailgating, we’re taking Little Fishin’ to his first Vikings game this year, we’re thinking of hitting the Dolphins game in December. I’ll let y’all know when we know for sure, and hopefully we can arrange a little DN get-together if anyone else is up for it. By then, this little rough stretch that the team is having will be a distant memory, and they should be trying to clinch the North.....again.Around the DN since our last open thread:Chris shared Mike Zimmer’s update on Everson Griffen, the coach stated that Griffen could return by week six, but no earlier. Although I wish Griffen could return now, I’m happy to hear talk of his return. In those periods of time where you hear nothing, our minds tend to create their own scenarios, and they’re normally not pleasant. So, I’m glad to hear updates like this, it indicates that Griffen is making progress, and getting the help that he needs.Also from Chris, Dalvin Cook is still not operating at full capacity as he continues his recovery from the hamstring injury that ended his tremendous rookie season. I’m not surprised, these injuries don’t heal overnight, Adrian Peterson wasn’t 100% until after week six in 2012. It was probably harder for him, as he had to carry the entire offense while he recovered.The Vikings have signed Jonathan Wynn to the practice squad, per Chris. Don’t worry, I was told that he’s no relation to Spurgeon Wynne. It was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the headline Sheldon Richardson Jersey , too.The team worked out a couple of vet defensive ends, likely looking to add some depth until Griffen’s return, per Chris. Lamarr Houston and Robert Ayers are the two players, we’ll see if the team makes a move to sign either of them.Vikings news from other sources and news from around the league:At Vikings.com, hear Latavius Murray talk about the lack of a run game so far this year, and Dalvin Cook talked about that and also about his recovery status, and there’s more traffic you can sort through in their media vault.At ESPN, apparently the cast supporting Kirk Cousins has lost their dog.....or something. I hope they find him.....or her. I also wish they’d post a picture of the missing dog, we could be on the lookout.FoxSports says the Vikings need to apply some pressure in order to beat the Eagles. I agree, applying pressure is also a good way to get bleeding to stop, which isn’t really relevant, but it’s true.From NFL.com, the Chiefs came back, then prevented the Broncos from coming back, as the Chiefs remained undefeated as they topped the Broncos last night on Monday Night Football.We come to today’s media selection:In one of my ramblings in the words up above, I gave myself an idea for today’s selection. Enjoy!Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:No discussion of politics or religionNo feeding of the trollsThis isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the doorKeep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tagsNo pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employerIf you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go awayWhile navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasmWith that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the head cheese.

nach oben springen

Besucher
CharZews, pamelamoore, chunshu00

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: CharZews
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 1291 Gäste online.

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen