Werbeanzeige

WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Diam

in Themen von A-B-C 26.07.2019 03:10
von panxing18 | 605 Beiträge

Or SEVERAL fastballs too many?"ondbacks Farm TeamsGameday ThreadsDiamondbacks NewsDiamondbacks Game ReportsFang FoodSnake EDTShareTweetShareShareSnake Bonus Pool Amounts - With seven total picks on Day 1 and eight of the first 100 selections http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey , the D-backs will have $16,093,700 to spend during the 2019 draft, just over $2 million more than the Orioles, who have the second-highest bonus pool... The number of picks and extra pool money will allow the D-backs to make a large impact on the 2019 draft class. While it is more difficult to slide players down the board under the current CBA, having the most money in the draft could allow Arizona to confidently take any player who is falling for signability concerns. It could also allow the organization to take a few more risks on players with big tools but less track record, while not having their draft hinge upon those players panning out.[The Athletic] Adam Jones on Manny Machado’s rep as a dirty player: Race is ‘one hundred percent’ a factor - Do you think Manny’s reputation would be different if he were white? One hundred percent. One hundred percent. One hundred percent. We know that, because some players are called grinders and other players are called something else. Some players are called pouting, other players are called passionate. It’s all about how you word it. [Jim: Counterpoint = Chase Utley][AZ Central] Padres-Diamondbacks series brings another reunion for Jones, Machado - The two remain close, with Machado sending gifts for Jones' kids, who call him Uncle Manny. Machado watched them start to grow up, as Jones watched Machado himself grow. But that didn't come without growing pains. Seven years older, Jones was there for Machado through them all. "He’s always been a guy that’s always helped me, whether I was wrong, whether I was right," Machado said. "There were a lot of times I was wrong, 100%. Which I’ve always agreed to that Jesus Aguilar Jersey , I acknowledge that. But he knows who I am, he knows me as a person, he knows how I treat people."And, elsewhere...[ESPN] Taco Tuesdays, bus rides and 0-2 sliders -- Tim Tebow's life in the minors - Tebow, 31, the starting left fielder on a seasoned roster that includes 11 players in their 30s, is batting only .136 after an 0-for-4 on Wednesday. There are moments when he looks like he belongs. On Tuesday, he delivered a bases-loaded, two-out single that drove in two runs to tie the Rochester Red Wings in an eventual 7-5 win. He fought off a full-count pitch by former major leaguer Kohl Stewart, slashing it over third base for an opposite-field hit. The shivering crowd roared with delight -- if it's possible for 400 or so to generate a roar.[stltoday] Automated pitch-calling system in minors put on hold - Major League Baseball and the Atlantic League announced Wednesday the experiment with radar-tracking technology to call balls and strikes will not be used when the independent minor league starts play on April 25. Instead, the technology “will be implemented gradually over the course of the 2019 season.” No date for the start was announced. Plate umpires will wear earpieces and be informed of ball and strike calls by a TrackMan computer system that uses Doppler radar. Umps will have the ability to override the computer, which considers a pitch a strike when the ball bounces and then crosses the zone. TrackMan also does not evaluate check swings. [Jim: the computer has since filed a discrimination lawsuit against MLB][Fox] Las Vegas minor league umpire booed for not letting dog fetch baseball bat - Finn the Bat Dog, the Aviators' baseball bat-collecting canine, was seen running to home plate to retrieve a leftover bat. However, the home plate umpire beat the dog to it and tossed the bat aside. Finn, being a good boy (a very good boy), fetched the bat anyway. The crowd jeered the umpire's error http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey , erupting in loud, prolonged booing. The yells could be heard as Finn grabbed the bat and returned it to the dugout in a moment that was shared on dog’s Twitter page. The commissioner said he’d had enough."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Chicago Cubs recapsChicago Cubs minor leaguesChicago Cubs essaysChicago Cubs game threadsWrigley Field renovationsFull archiveLibrary Bleed Cubbie Blue Community GuidelinesCurrent time in ChicagoBCB Specials & Site InfoWinter 2019 music threadsCubs StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Cubs newsYahoo Cubs team pageYahoo Cubs reportYahoo Cubs depth chartYahoo Cubs transactionsYahoo Cubs photosOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁昅eta BCBMLB announces priority rule intended legally for optimal or lively gamesNew,18commentsThe commissioner said he’d had enough.CDTShareTweetShareShareMLB announces priority rule intended legally for optimal or lively gamesAl YellonOne of the things Commissioner Rob Manfred has made a priority of, when considering MLB rule changes, is the pace of play. Several different things have been discussed regarding this, including pitch clocks, which were used for the first couple of weeks of spring training, then abandoned when MLB and the MLB Players Association agreed to not use them until at least 2022.But after Manfred saw Saturday night’s Cubs/Rangers game, which lasted three hours and 47 minutes and featured 19 walks, 19 strikeouts and three home runs and hardly any baseballs in play, and their Sunday game where all those runs scored and there were nine more walks and four home runs and that made the game last three hours and 46 minutes, he said that was the last straw.So MLB has announced this morning, effective immediately, that all games will be cut off at the three-hour mark, with whoever is leading at the time declared the winner. Here’s what will happen with games that are tied after three hours. Teams will have two options:Finish the game with a home run derby, similar to the NHL shootout. Each team will choose its top three players, and one of its own pitchers to throw, and each player will have one pitch to hit a home run. It will continue Travis Shaw Jersey , as does the shootout, until one team has more home runs, orTeams can choose to continue playing, but must remove one fielder for each inning of play.Manfred said, “We’re tired of these extra-long games and this will allow virtually all games to fit in a neat little time slot for TV. There should be more action, too, as players realize they’re getting close to the three-hour mark.”Large clocks will be installed in all ballparks to count down three hours from the first pitch.Cubs fans, be happy! Saturday night’s game hit the three-hour mark in the top of the seventh, and the Cubs were leading 6-3, so they would have won! And Sunday’s game was tied at that point, so we could have seen a Home Run Derby!Cubs Hall of Famer Fergie Jenkins, who was in Arlington Sunday to help take down one of the “remaining games” numbers at Globe Life Park, scoffed at the new rule: “Why, I threw a 10-inning complete game on Opening Day 1971 in just one hour and 58 minutes! These whippersnappers don’t know what they’re missing!”And if you think all this sounds very strange, pause for a moment and remember what today is.

nach oben springen

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen